Then I found this site. I love to prepare my own meals, and Minimalist Baker has given me the confidence to cook healthy meals, AND to not panic if I cannot find gluten & dairy-free meals outside.
This is the 2nd recipe I have tried from her archives, and I am hooked.
Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana (primarily for binding)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar (+ more to taste)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (+ more to taste)
1/2 cup water
1 cup + 1 Tbsp gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
3 Tbsp raw pepitas
Instructions
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare loaf pan by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- To flax eggs add pumpkin, mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Next add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk.
- Add water and whisk again.
- Add oats, almond meal, gluten free flour blend and stir. If it appears too wet, add in another couple Tbsp of oats or GF flour blend. It should be semi-thick and pourable.
- Scoop into loaf pan and top with raw pepitas (and/or pecans).
- Bake for 40-47 minutes, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, preferably several hours, otherwise it can be a bit crumbly.
- Also, slice gently, as it’s rather tender.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh. Freeze after that to keep fresh for up to one month.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft