I can say that my floors are still sticky, and there's lots to do to get into our autumn schedule, but I am focusing on what needs to be done right now, and that's transition all the kids yet again.
With the big boys off being students and all, the little ones are a bit lost. They (wee ones) are not ready yet to fill the shoes of the bigger boys - I didn't expect that anyway. What I know is that this unexpected change means that they need a little bit of TLC...
I have noticed the void in all of our activities; the lack of enthusiasm, and I know they also feel it.
I decided to start again- not start over- just go back to where we left off at the beginning of August and go from there. This leaves time for planning new activities, and making new memories.
On a personal note, I have also been contemplating where my homeschooling of my younger ones fit into my life right now.
Z has not been as blessed as her older siblings with my teaching and/or time, but I am casting the homeschooling net as far as I can and see what I can pull up. At this point, I am thinking about Saturday school...4 hours in the AM as I always had it before. Sunday is also an option.
So by her 2nd birthday (begin of October), I should have my act together, because there are many teachable moments that are lost, and I want to find them again - I want to find the time.
Let's see how it all goes...
This post may contain an affiliate link. Please see my Disclosure Page for more information.
I decided to start again- not start over- just go back to where we left off at the beginning of August and go from there. This leaves time for planning new activities, and making new memories.
On a personal note, I have also been contemplating where my homeschooling of my younger ones fit into my life right now.
Z has not been as blessed as her older siblings with my teaching and/or time, but I am casting the homeschooling net as far as I can and see what I can pull up. At this point, I am thinking about Saturday school...4 hours in the AM as I always had it before. Sunday is also an option.
So by her 2nd birthday (begin of October), I should have my act together, because there are many teachable moments that are lost, and I want to find them again - I want to find the time.
Let's see how it all goes...
This post may contain an affiliate link. Please see my Disclosure Page for more information.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft