Our excursion was inspired by this book, a gift from a dear friend in France. Merci Marie :)
We've also been using/reading the Usborne book of the Seasons (will share resources later on), and we wanted to do a fun activity that inspired nature and art. From the book (above), we had a list of things that we wanted to find. The kids were so excited to get out and were running so fast, I thought they'd fall down.
It was a nice day, so after we gathered our stuff, we hung around walked and walked some more.
Here's what we found: (part 2 coming up)
We gathered some pretty interesting stuff dear parents- the kids were super excited. The next step was bringing it all to the table for a quick art session (this happened on Thursday afternoon). Each child picked the nature item that he wanted to draw. He then choose a crayon or crayons to draw and we took it from there. We actually found 3 mushrooms, which was great because 2 of our friends wanted to draw mushrooms :)This post may contain an affiliate link. Please see my Disclosure Page for more information.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft