We also learned about life-cycles. We learned about caterpillars & butterflies, bees and flowers. Books that we read were centered around insects, bugs, flowers/gardening, animals and summer.
I wish that I had time to review all the books, but I do not.We read /shared some stories such as these: (we returned some books to the library...can't remember the titles).
| the surprise garden was a delight since we are growing our own veggies & herbs |
| they especially loved this book about life cycles |
The children know that lots of people from different places with different languages & clothing live in Canada :), and that there are 2 official languages - English & French.
July 2016's book of the month Wendi Silvano's book Love is All Around Calgary. I was ecstatic when I was able to connect with the author earlier in the year. Wendi truly loves, and promotes early childhood literacy, and was one of our Art & Brunch sponsors.
I decided to run with the idea of exploring Calgary with the children. We went down to the bow (Rideau & Lindsey parks). We had a lovely picnic by the water at Glenmore Park.
We went to a few local parks, and we went down to Fish Creek library for an afternoon of reading, dress up, and fun games.
...original post here and here.
Goodbye July Hello August!











0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft