Happy September, and welcome back! It's so good to have you here.
The short weeks can seem pretty long can't they? The best thing about coming back after everyone has had a break, is that everyone had a break :)
Getting back into the swing of things hasn't been too difficult because we are somewhat rested from our brief separation. I'm glad.
The children are learning at different paces. We focus on the french language in circle time, and it seems to drizzle throughout the day as we play, eat and complete other tasks. As a non-fluent speaker, I often refer back to my 8 year old for help. He's become my dictionary of sorts :).
Now with him off at school during the day, sometimes, I need to grab my dictionary.
This will take getting used to as we all learn together, and we will continue to make changes as needed.
This school year, we will continue to share our book of the month- a project for all the kids.
I also focus on individualized curriculums (which I am still working on) for each child.
This month, our generalized lessons will focus on who we are, and what makes us special.
Individualized activities for the week was all about the wonderful world of bees.
Crafting, painting and story-telling was all about bees. On nature day, we even tried to find and observe bees outside, but, surprisingly, we we were not lucky.
On soup day we even made bumblebee soup. I promise you that no bees were harmed in the process. Our soup day was inspired by this recipe.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft