During the days, as I teach and practice french with the children - which is far from exclusive, I find that we have the most fun when we are all learning together.
As we continue learning all about the 5 senses, I realized that I needed to break the theme up into french and english, as I have so much to learn in the french language, which makes it a bit difficult to pass on all the information that the kids need in order to capture the essence of the lesson.
It comes naturally for me to speak, and sing with the children in english, and I am forced to come out of my comfort zone by learning new things and passing it on to them. On the other hand, we are not exclusively french environment, and not everything can be simplified for diverse learning needs.
In the month of September when the children and I were focused on the All about Me theme; we read this book. It's a great book, if you get a chance to borrow or buy it.
The book is not about the senses, but I choose it specifically because of the easy french vocabulary when identifying parts of the body.
So, this is part 2 of our learning post...the english version. The activity consisted of the children identifying the sense(s) that were used, and the W5s (who, what, when, where, why). This is a work in progress btw...
"it looks like diamonds". |
| feeling & smelling flower petals "they feel soft on my hands, and they smell like perfume" |
| ...looking at a bird "...it is brown and it's flying close to the pole". eating chocolate chips... "they are soooo sweet!" |
| ...playing and listening to music... "there are so many different sounds and pitches." |
| picking up/touching snow... "brrr it's cold, and it crunches inn between my fingers" |




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft