We had a wonderful couple of days with no coughing, sniffling or sneezing (pretty exciting in my neck of the woods) lol.
We’re looking ahead to more Halloween crafting, and lots of learning in all areas.
I love this time of year, and with the knowledge that the cold will come and settle in; the days will be colder, and darker, I am dragging my feet as we descend deeper into autumn.
We’re looking ahead to more Halloween crafting, and lots of learning in all areas.
I love this time of year, and with the knowledge that the cold will come and settle in; the days will be colder, and darker, I am dragging my feet as we descend deeper into autumn.
About this Exploration:
We began by reading Caresse le Chat in circle time. This very simple book is inspired by the Montessori philosophy. It is an easy to read (perfect for circle time), predictable (for young children), and a wonderful exploration for tiny hands and fingers, as they made some exciting discoveries.
Après (after), we moved to our table top activity. The children were given various materials to touch and asked How Does it Feel? This was a french activity, so the children learned 3 important words: Doux/douce (soft), Pique (spiky) et Gratte (scratchy).
The children felt various materials and worked together to put them in the right category. They did a great job...team work all the way :).
We began by reading Caresse le Chat in circle time. This very simple book is inspired by the Montessori philosophy. It is an easy to read (perfect for circle time), predictable (for young children), and a wonderful exploration for tiny hands and fingers, as they made some exciting discoveries.
Après (after), we moved to our table top activity. The children were given various materials to touch and asked How Does it Feel? This was a french activity, so the children learned 3 important words: Doux/douce (soft), Pique (spiky) et Gratte (scratchy).
The children felt various materials and worked together to put them in the right category. They did a great job...team work all the way :).
You might like:




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft