Content

Search this blog!

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

27.11.19
Tis the season for baking and creating. The children and I are on a baking marathon.  Last week we made chocolate covered pretzels. They are sooooo easy, it's ridiculous. Each child had his own tray of goodies.

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

What you Need to Get
  • 12 oz (2 c) chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
  • 24 pretzel rods or large pretzel twists
  • Assorted sprinkles, small candies, or crushed nuts (optional) 
What you Need to Do
  1. Prepare baking sheet by lining it with waxed paper or parchment.
  2. Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds.
  3. Take out of the microwave when there are still a few unmelted bits remaining, and stir until the final chunks melt.
  4. Drop the whole pretzel in the chocolate and submerge it slightly. Use a fork to pull the pretzel out of the chocolate. Let the excess drip back into bowl, then place on the prepared baking sheet (which we didn't have, lol).
  5. ****** If want to top the pretzels with sprinkles, nuts, or candies, sprinkle them on when the chocolate is not cooled. Repeat with remaining chocolate and pretzels.
  6. Place the pretzels in refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set the chocolate. Treat should keep in air-tight container for about a week & a half to 2 weeks (never lasts that long in our house though).
  7. Enjoy!

Inspired?
Check out this easy recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make.

2 comments:

Marie Kléber at: November 28, 2019 at 2:00 AM said...

I love cooking together but I also need easy recipes so it does not end in complete chaos!
Thank you for sharing Salma!

Small Wonders at: November 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM said...

I know! Sometimes we just don't have the time to do elaborate meals. Other times, the children are not up for it. Simple and easy is always better.

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft