Content

Search this blog!

Quinoa Pancakes

12.11.19




GET THESE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER

  • 1/2 cup rice flour (or wheat flour)
  • 1/ 2 cup quinoa flour
  • 2 tbsp organic coconut palm sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 pinches of pink salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 citrus zest, finely grated (lemon or orange)
  • 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • vegetable or butter oil for cooking

THEN DO THIS
  1. In a bowl , combine flour , sugar, baking powder , baking soda, salt, vanilla and zest
  2. In another bowl, beat egg yolks , buttermilk and oil and mix with dry ingredients.
  3. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Stir into the first mixture.
  4. In a large skillet , heat oil or butter over medium heat. 
  5. Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
  6. Serve the pancakes with maple syrup or honey (or even) your favorite jam.
  7. Happy eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft