Bonjour chère Terre! We make "sun tea" in the mornings. I can't remember which child started calling it that. The connection however, has been very deliberate, and it stuck. No matter the season or weather, we look forward to enjoying the warmth of the sun.
I think in the fall and winter we truly enjoy and appreciate the moments of sunshine spent with friends, and often I find children sitting by the window simply taking in the warmth of the afternoon sun, quietly reading or reflecting.
We often have tea before our circle time, and we have a special poem that we share to welcome the day, and each other right after our tea. I first shared this poem with the children in English and then I found the French version - which was pretty neat. Here goes...
..en Français
Bonjour chère Terre
bonjour cher soleil
Bonjour chères pierres au repos
Et les bêtes en fuite
Bonjour chères fleurs
Et les oiseaux dans les arbres
bonjour cher toi
Bonjour cher moi.
...in English
Good Morning dear Earth
Good Morning Dear Sun
Good Morning Dear resting stones
And the beasts on the run
Good Morning Dear flowers
And the Birds in the Trees
Good Morning Dear You
Good Morning Dear Me.
The Small Wonders Turmeric Tea Recipe
Ingredients
2 cups water
1 cup of milk (of choice) I like cashew milk.
approx. 1 tbsp chopped fresh turmeric root
approx. 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger root
1/4 tsp black pepper
agave syrup or raw honey
*optional - I like to add pomegranate seeds to my teas.
Directions
Add everything except the sweetener and milk to a small saucepan and bring to a light simmer over low to medium heat.
Simmer lightly for 10 minutes then stir in milk and sweetener slowly.
Turn off the heat (add pomegranate seeds if used) and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
Strain though a fine mesh strainer.
Sweeten to taste and enjoy.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft