Content

Search this blog!

Baking Inspiration: Chocolate Fudge Filled Valentine Cupcakes

5.2.20
What happens when you have left over candy cane from Christmas, homemade strawberry, blueberry cardamom jam, extra fudge from another baking project, Valentine's Day fever,  and children who like to create in the kitchen?
This...





This recipe is inspired (more or less by this recipe) for the surprise element, but it is a vegan recipe that I found here. Instead of filling the cupcakes with sprinkles, we filled them with fudge. The jam is from a homemade recipe (hoping to share soon). And I simply crushed cherry candy canes (which was a sweet surprise for the children who DO NOT like minty candy canes).

By the way, did you know that basic red and white striped peppermint candy canes are vegan, as well as most other colors and flavors?
Gourmet candy canes that are dipped in or filled with chocolate, butterscotch, and/or other toppings/fillings however, are likely to contain dairy and/or other animal derivatives. Check with the manufacturer for ingredients if you are unsure.

Happy eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft