Reading and storytelling is a HUGE part of our days. We read on circle time. We read while we're eating snacks/lunch. Our art is often inspired by books.
In the month of February we will be welcoming the Story Truck, a wonderful initiative offered by the Calgary Public Library, in which a Facilitator of Play meets children on-site (at their dayhomes. child care facilities).
I want to write a separate post about the program, as well as our first visit, so I will not say too much here.
Are you looking for books to read aloud to your learners on Valentine’s Day? I’ve put together a list of our favorites just for you! We hope you like them.

In the month of February we will be welcoming the Story Truck, a wonderful initiative offered by the Calgary Public Library, in which a Facilitator of Play meets children on-site (at their dayhomes. child care facilities).
I want to write a separate post about the program, as well as our first visit, so I will not say too much here.
Are you looking for books to read aloud to your learners on Valentine’s Day? I’ve put together a list of our favorites just for you! We hope you like them.
It's Valentine's Day. After preparing a basket of small toys and treats, for dogs in a local animal shelter, the two friends go to the kennel. The main message of this lovely book, is that all dogs need love - every day- not just on Valentine's Day.
This book has been a circle and quiet time favourite for the past few weeks.
Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day is Cool, by Kimberely and James Dean
We love Pete the Cat, so this book is an added bonus for all the Pete fans.
At first, Pete thinks Valentine's Day isn't cool...until he realizes all the special cats there are in his life. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool comes complete with a poster, stickers, and twelve punch-out Valentine’s Day cards.
At first, Pete thinks Valentine's Day isn't cool...until he realizes all the special cats there are in his life. Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is Cool comes complete with a poster, stickers, and twelve punch-out Valentine’s Day cards.
Hugs from Pearl, by Paul Schmid
Pearl is the sweetest little porcupine who loves to give hugs. Her friends love hugs, except, Pearl’s hugs kind of hurt...just a bit. What can a friendly little porcupine do? You'll have to read to find out just what Pearl does to fix this little problem. Definitely 2 thumbs up :)
Pearl is the sweetest little porcupine who loves to give hugs. Her friends love hugs, except, Pearl’s hugs kind of hurt...just a bit. What can a friendly little porcupine do? You'll have to read to find out just what Pearl does to fix this little problem. Definitely 2 thumbs up :)
Plant a Kiss, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
This is a simple but wonderful book about the importance of spreading love wherever we go. Its whimsical illustrations will make any child feel as if the book is written with him/her in mind.
This is a simple but wonderful book about the importance of spreading love wherever we go. Its whimsical illustrations will make any child feel as if the book is written with him/her in mind.
I know! This is not a Valentines book - it's an every day, every season book. This heartwarming book encourages positive behavior by using the concept of an invisible bucket to show children how easy and rewarding it is to express kindness, appreciation and love by "filling buckets." This book should be read/shared often, but we thought this was a great time to help the children focus on helping others feel good and useful.
The Day It Rained Hearts, by Felicia Bond
This sweet book...loved by my 6 year old, is about a little girl who catches raining hearts. She uses them to create special valentines for her animal friends. You'll love the illustrations as well.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft