Content

Search this blog!

FSL Language Learning Special Needs & Considerations = Jasper 2020

4.3.20
French as a second language, community building, achieving success with children across the spectrum - where to begin.
We spent the weekend in Jasper, AB with a group of like-minded moms, dads, educators, speakers, and children. It was a wonderful celebration of what happens when curious and determined individuals come together. I was there on both a personal and business level, and I truly enjoyed it.

We had an informative session led by Language Consultant Sharon Lonsberry. One of the presentations that really hit home for me was about the lack of attention given to children with exceptionalities. The idea that a second (or third language for that matter) is either unnecessary, or detrimental to the child's growth.
This is an area that I would like to understand and explore more in the future.

Getting back to the days/nights spent in Jasper. The children enjoyed the most wonderful programming. They took a trip to the Palisades Centre. Some tried bannock mixing, snowshoeing at Pyramid Lake, exploring the Swift stream, and outdoor games. Other activities included, a bonfire, hiking, and folk french music.
We are excited to continue on our 2nd/3rd language learning as well as making space for meeting and connecting with those who support our children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft