AKA {IF You Give a Kid a Rock}
We collect rocks.
We collect a lot of rocks...almost every day.
It's not planned.
It's not on purpose.
...we just do it.
One thing that we all agree on is this...
Rock collecting has no season
or
Reason
Perhaps it's where we go.
Perhaps it's because we are the nature(ish) type.
Who knows...
All I know is that if you find a rock
you should most definitely keep it
...and show it to your friends
...and take it home
...and wash it
AND
paint it
Yes!
You should definitely paint it...
with Friends.
ALWAYS
PAINT
YOUR
ROCK
with
Many of their activities are inspired by books...mostly non-fiction books (although I share a lot of fiction stories here).I often set up invitations and let the children lead the way.
Interestingly, it is always the same children who are asking to paint, colour, draw, cut paper :) etc. I think it's a wonderful thing, but sometimes most of our friends are expected to participate in our atelier activities.
This week on our nature walk it wasn't the children, but I who sauntered home with a pocket full of rocks.
We (some of us) were inspired by my favorite books EVER...this book. I have been using this books for years with all my children, and it never gets old.
Happy rock collecting, and painting, and sharing friends.






2 comments:
What a wonderful idea!
And thanks for the book.
@Marie. A will love painting rocks :)
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft