






She’s officially 7 years old. The night before I prepared a bit for her big day. I was mentioning to a friend that I have raised the bar so high that I can't pare down these parties anymore. After falling asleep, I realized that I'd forgotten to leave her birthday-eve poem by her bed- as I do for all the children.
Having 3 birthdays in the span of a month means that it all seems to spill over into the next and then it all gets a bit hairy when I try to remember what was done and wasn’t. So at around 1 AM I was creeping around the house getting her prayer prepared and looking for the centre piece that we use for all of our celebrations.
I often get questions about these little ritual so here's the scoop. The prayer goes like this… (this is not my prayer/poem)
When I have said my evening prayer,
And my clothes are folded on the chair,
And mother switches off the light,
I’ll still be ___ years old tonight.
But from the very break of day,
Before the children rise and play,
Before the darkness turns to gold,
Tomorrow, I’ll be ___ years old.
___ kisses when I wake,
___ candles on my cake.
Don't you think that's a sweet little prayer? I didn’t take/get a lot of photos this year for Moonface’s birthday because my camera was not fully charged, but it was a great day. The weather was nice, and I had plans to get out into the backyard to celebrate out there, but I changed my mind at the last minute and we stayed indoors. We had schooling in the morning. We ended 1 hour early…perks of homeschooling, and then I got ready to have our little festivities. Of course it was family only, and we were all tired from the work of the day. Something the children seem immune to ha ha.
Things I notice about you Moonface:
…you have a beautiful smile.
…the most infectious laugh
…you’re kind and silly
Happy birthday Moonface. I hope that 7 will be awesome!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft