
In the present, we are shifting gears. We are finding all the ways to be productive, kind, and practical. We are going back to nature, riding our bicycles, picking wild flowers, hiking, and watching the seasons change.
Today we would love to share a little game that we have been playing, both in and outside of the house. The activity is called the Nature Pause game, and children as young as 2 can play. I found that when I started doing this activity with WildRose (who was 2 at the time) she was very excited. Now she's not too keen, so we are using our drums and other musical instruments which kinda changes the whole game, but that's the point. It need to work for the child.
Did I also mention that she is having a hard time during schooling hours? There are so many emotions in this little one. By the end of classes, I am beat, but I find all my strength to give her as much of my time as possible. It's tough being the littlest kid.
PLAY THE 'NATURE PAUSE' GAME
WATCH how clouds play in the sky. Are there small creatures running around outside? Is the wind blowing through the trees?
SMELL the fresh grass in the morning, incense burning, or a meal you just made.
LISTEN to the birds singing, the wind rustling the leaves. If you are able to open a window, what other sound do you hear outside your window?
Gently TOUCH the leaves of an interior plant or the surface of a small stone that reminds you of a park you visited. OR if able to venture outside, pick up leaves and stones and other objects, and see how smooth, or rough they are.
TASTE (sip) the water that you usually gulp in a hurry. How does it taste? Do you feel bubbles on your tongue?
This activity is also great as a meditation exercise to start or end your day. Your child can also draw or scribble or paint through this exercise. I am sure there is no right or wrong way to play this game. Let the kiddos be the leader and see where you turn up :). And as the seasons continue to change, we take inspiration from all the sights and sound all around us. Rainman and I used to read this book as our guide years ago before Moonface and WildRose were born. We still love it!
Happy Saturday friends!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft