Content

Search this blog!

weekending 20 . 11. 20

24.11.20


I've been folding too much laundry for my liking. 
But it's also been so nice to not have to worry too much about who has clothes for this or that occasion. I have also lowered my standards, as my 7 year old, sometimes fashionista, wore her pjs to music lessons. She surrendered when she saw an empty drawer, four days in a row...gasp. 

Yes! She spent four days trying to find clothes. She even wore jeans one day. And if you know her, you already know that she does not wear jeans. In my defence, I put away all summer clothing, and we are definitely going the minimalist route so that's that, no more drawers stuffed with clothes. In addition, there were dresses, and skirts that she's not allowed to wear at home, so she wasn't completely without clothes.

So how's living? How's life for us? We are simply feeding off the positive marrow (of sorts) off each other. We are a family of many traditions, and for that I am so grateful. Added to year after year, built from our faith and values, we have been clinging to the small trifles that we hold dear.

With birthday season officially over - for now, and many snow days reminding of what is to come, we stick to the things that bring us joy. 
Last week, we tuned in to a few of the stories from the Festival de Conte/Storytelling festival, shared by some wonderful storytellers at the Ottawa Public Library. We made soup together, spent some time in nature - we need to do so much more in this department, and Rainman walked a friend's dog. 

Oh, and the photo above of the lovely bees was taken in Victoria, BC. WildRose has become obsessed with bees - what a beautiful thing. She saw that photo as I was deleting photos from our trip from my SD card, and she squealed with delight. I don't know how she noticed the bees, as they are a bit hidden.

Now she has taken to reminding us that honey is for the bees, and she wags her finger if we eat any honey. Uhm, she eats honey and she loves it too. This is her favourite book of the moment, pretty much of all time actually.  She loves to listen or read it when she's tired. I'm not sure if there is a connection, now to think of it. Perhaps, she's just become routinized.

Plan for the next few days include:

-writing letters to friends...long over due
- baking cookies & possibly a Christmas bark
- slow cooking soup, soup and more soup 
- listen to more stories from the storytelling festival
- painting
- hot chocolate with marshmallows
- wrapping sugar cubes (we'll show you what we do)
- making our winter vitamin - we are late on this one
- probably washing and folding more laundry

Happy almost end of November? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft