Have you heard of 1 2 3 Petits Pas? It is our favorite new French resource. When Covid hit, WildRose was the most affected. Closing my playschool and atelier meant that she wouldn't have friends to play with. WildRose's favorite place in our playschool was the atelier. She could paint, and cut paper all day lol. She also loved circle time, which was always done in French.
Deciding to teach Rainman and Moonface in September also meant that the Waldorf program that we wanted to sign up for was definitely not going to happen. Luckily, I found Mme Amy, and 123 Petits Pas via instagram, and not one month later, I was stoked to find that they offered preschool and school aged french programming in the comfort of our home. We are now re-enrolled in our second session. During the first session WildRose needed a lot of coaxing, but not this time.
I have a few videos of her singing and dancing to Mme Amy’s songs, but I can’t upload videos on this site for some reason.
123 Petits Pas aims to provide participants with a fun French environment while offering parents the opportunity to take part in their child’s first little steps towards bilingualism.
Located in Ontario - Ottawa to be exact, it means that our current location would never allow for us to attend in person french classes, especially as I am teaching the older children, so this works perfectly. Since Ottawa is 2 hours ahead of Alberta time-wise, we are lucky to participate in WildRose's weekly Wednesday classes via Zoom at 7:30 am, out of the way before her siblings even start school. That's a bonus.
This may sound a bit cliche, but WildRose really is a sponge. Having her brother and sister practicing and speaking French for at least 2 hours a day is great for her. But, 123 Petits Pas offers something even greater - movement, repetition and just about the right amount of fun French rhymes that are easy to remember.
Over the holidays WildRose couldn't stop singing all the songs she learned from Mme Amy. We often log into Youtube for story time, and songs with 123 Petit Pas whenever she wants.
I have done my research and there are French classes that we could sign up for that are much closer to home, but I think we've found the perfect fit for our family.
Thank you Mme Amy and the team of 123 Petits Pas.







2 comments:
I am so delighted to hear you and WildRose find 123 Petits Pas as a perfect fit! This blog post has made my day! I'm so happy to have you and your family join our 123 Petits Pas community and am glad to know you have chosen me to support you and your child's French learning. Here's to many more fun French tunes & activities coming your way! - Madame Amy
@Mme Amy, it just works perfectly 😊
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft