I’m excited. Through spending time reflecting over the holidays, I now have a renewed sense of energy and purpose. The children were very happy and also quite relaxed over the break. What a wonderful time we had.
One of the things that we relished in was simply spending time cuddling on the sofa, sharing homemade treats, drinking hot chocolate, feeling the warmth of our home - despite the snow storms that blasted through our city.
Presently we exist between the real world, and a fantasy. The children seem to hop from one realm to the next without thought. Not a bad place to be in my opinion. And you know what? It all felt so oddly familiar because we have been here before, Covid or no Covid, we have been here. We have thrown our lifelines into the abyss, and surprisingly, something was returned to us - something wonderful.
Through the chaos, the homeschooling, sharing of toys, gathering of groceries, deep breathing, painting, baking, waiting patiently for our turn, learning new things, we've been here.
How strange that once we slow down, once we stop where we are, it all comes back to what really matters.
What a wonderful thing.




0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft