Content

Weekending Nov 29-Dec 05

7.12.14
Wow, not weekending...the week ended and has already started again.
she's getting ready to tear up the train track...

It was a good, busy week. We love those. J started coming earlier, and that has added another dimension to our transitioning...I think they are getting the hang of it. I noticed that he stays up for breakfast and circle time even when he's quite tired.

We had a lot of oral "story-telling" this week. Many of our activities stemmed from or were inspired by our stories...like making spaghetti and meatballs...see below.

We had a birthday celebration on Friday. I also finished J's birthday crown just in time (see pic). Getting him to wear it was another story :)
On Thursday I actually baked with the little ones because big boy went to a friend's going-away celebration. It was J's birthday celebration that we were baking for, so he actually had a hand in creating his own cake.
I loved being in the kitchen with the little ones because guess what, they had no expectations.

It was funny watching them watch each other...if they could speak it would go something like this.

J- (looking at the whisk in his hand) i have a big thing in my hand...what next?
Z - (also with whisk in hand) what are we doing here? This is silly.....
They both started banging on pans...the floor...(anything in sight)
then they looked at each other as I put the big bowl in front of them and showed them what to do
then one started
then the other
then they got bored, lol
that pretty much sums it up

We also had our first coordinated painting day on Wednesday...Z tried to eat the paint. J didn't really know what to do with the brush and big boy was way ahead of the game- painting not 1 but 2 pics.

The weather was up and down, and so were nap times, so aside from getting into the backyard, we never made it to our special space...maybe this week we will.
making spaghetti & meatballs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.