Content

Weekending January 8th (2016)

11.1.16
Our first official week of play and care was quite different from the weeks leading up to the big break. It was a slow week for us- we're sort of laying low, but our time was well spent. 
The children are all well, and I hope it stays that way for a long while. They (some of them) have new words, and skills. Our school friends are learning new things outside and sharing all the wonderful, delightful ideas and words with us - one is even spelling words.
A mixed age group is quite wonderful!

                                                                             in play




art/storytime
Our favorite read was all about a snowman

                                                                          soup day
Thanks to MM's mom we were gifted a book that we already knew and loved. We will read this book every Monday just before or with our soup. By the end of the year, your child will probably know the book by heart :) 
More to come on this book at another time. 
                                                            french book of the week
I always stick to really simple books for all of our activities. When sharing French books I try to go as basic as possible. Then came along this touch and feel book (via Iman).  It was a great story that explored (or helped children explore) the many types of homes that animals live in during the Winter.  
The pictures were bright and vivid - bringing each page to life, but this book was just waaaay too wordy for my age group.
                                                                        our nature/seasonal table
As for me...I am still in the process of finishing up from last year, so my days beyond childcare are extended long into the evenings.

We hope you have a great week!
  



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.