Content

Weekending March 11th

13.3.16
You know we're busy when the blog is quiet. It's kind of funny. If this post seems a bit jumbled and rambled, do know that I have been awake since 5 am (on a weekend) trying to tie up loose ends.

On the daycare front, the days are getting warmer, so we spend a great deal of time just hanging out outside, exploring and enjoying nature. Our weeks pretty much follow the same flow...a bit of food, art, reading/storytelling, music, nature and lots of learning, love & fun. If everyone is healthy it's the best gift- ever. You cannot put a price on health.

We did our art session outside this week (see below). We made fruit salad together, which is sooo much easier, and less time-consuming than baking. We also did nature, except for that one crazy windy morning- what was that all about? I am so happy that even the children were reluctant to get outside. When we do get outside, the question is never what are we going to do, it's how long can we stay out there? I love that!

We also started our In the Garden rhythm last week...don't know what that is? Take a look at the posts from last year tagged "in the garden". We went out back and started cleaning up, and getting ready for more backyard play. We also planted some herbs (indoors). I have to be careful, because the children have taken to "secretly" watering the herbs (when I turn my back) *sigh*.

We also did crown fittings last week...just to make sure that they still fit. We have a birthday coming up, plus, I think we will wear them at Easter. The kids don't get to wear them enough imo. Speaking of Easter, I think everything for our hunt is set.  

Lots of fine and gross motor activities going on. I love that it's all play, and they just go with the flow. I guess that's what being a kid is all about anyway.
Don't you wish you could just be a kid again?
Next week on Tuesday the 15th we will be heading down to Studio C  bright and early for our fun art session. I think the kids are really going to enjoy this opportunity, and it will definitely be a very different experience (from doing art at the dining table). I cannot wait!

I've come to the conclusion that I take too many pictures. I always want to share loads of photos with you, but...(you know). With 7 kids and a lot of activities, it's so hard not to try and capture as many moments as possible.. When it's time to sort them, however, I begin to regret ever picking up the camera :(
Also, look out for our new schedule and daily rhythm changes. We are heading into the spring and summer session.
Happy weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright & Disclosure

All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © Small Wonders Dayhome & Playschool. All Rights Reserved. You may not reproduce, distribute, alter, or republish any photos or content from my site without my written permission.

Read Disclosure here.