Thus began my smoothie a day quest. Z loves smoothies, so I just load everything I can find into them. When daycare is closed, we drop in dollops of peanut butter- cause nothing fattens you up like pb :)
In the past 2 weeks she has had more greens (spinach, kale) than in the whole month of "eating". Here's our latest fave smoothie. I have to stop drinking them because while they are great for her, and the other little ones, they are way too fattening for me. Darn it!
Ingredients
1 ripe banana (peeled)
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon flaxseeds
1 cup almond milk - I used 3% for the babies
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon honey
Cut and freeze banana
Add sunflower seeds and flaxseeds to a small bowl and cover
with water. Let sit at room temperature overnight.
Drain seeds and transfer to a blender. Add frozen banana, milk of choice, turmeric, and honey
Blend
until smooth.
Serve to little ones who will love you forever---or until
it's done.
Don't forget to check in our recipes section to see what else we have to share.

.jpg)


1 comments:
This looks yummy :) I love banana smoothies too..
Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft