I have really enjoyed changing up our rhythm sometimes on a whim, and other times when a need arises (ie. a child arrives/awakes later, precarious precipitation, or worse, when I am under the weather).
And circle time is a hoot! With the children being at various ages, and stages, summer is a perfect time to hear about their activities the evening before, what they are thinking/learning in extracurricular activities, and what they hope to accomplish during the day.
The days are up and down. The children enjoy curling up with a book on the sofa, organizing teams for games (there's not even that many of them lol), (the older ones) preparing delicious meals to serve to the babies, running in circles, yes, I get annoyed with them when they refuse to go outside but they run in the house, lol.
It like a very deliberate dance that they do, and that I respond to it makes me crazy, and so on and so forth.
And like a parent/teacher/caregiver, I find myself sitting here when the day is done to reflect on what I saw and heard during the day. I also reflect on what I said, how I could have said it differently, and make plans to change just one small thing the next day. One small thing, is a big thing to a child.
The highlight of our week was when the children and I planned and enjoyed an ice cream social. Welp, I don't enjoy dairy so ...
The kids made signs & coloured pictures and were super excited for the "event" to take place.
Have a great week!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft