One of the problems with lesson planning is that each child has unique interests that may not be celebrated by peers. It's not always easy to get all the kids excited about a particular topic. As such, I often break up our activities into various parts, ensuring that each child finds at least one activity that they enjoy.
In the month of September we learned all about the senses. Learning about the senses is not necessarily exciting for each child. Thus, I was inspired to covered the topic using various materials, and teaching methods in both languages (English & French).
On a cool afternoon, as I prepared hot chocolate and scones for tea time, the older children enjoyed some early literacy fun. While happily talking about "current affairs" lol, they traced, wrote and drew on worksheets that I'd provided for them. They were so engaged and had so much fun doing it that they asked me for more "work".
What better way to work on our pencil grasp and spelling than to trace some fun activity words! Check out Education.com for more fine motor and language arts activities like this one!
Stay tuned to see how we continue to explore all about our senses.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft