Content

Search this blog!

Falling into Art: Comptine des couleurs d'automne Part 1

22.10.19
Do the trees change their clothes during the year where you live? I asked the children this question, and they were shocked and amused simultaneously.
We are all about fall (l'automne) over here. 

I explained to the children that this silly idea of trees "changing their clothes" was all about the many ways that trees change, and look different throughout the year- from light green buds in the springtime, to dark lush green leaves in summer, to reds, orange, golds, or purple in the autumn.

Sticking with the autumnal feel, this week's new song/fingerplay was all about the beautiful colours of autumn leaves. 
This week we will be continue to colour, paint, and making crafts - all about leaves, of course.

Comptine des couleurs
Je connais un arbre
Qui est dénudé
Car pendant l'automne
Les feuilles sont tombées.

Elles devenaient jaunes
Brunes et orangées
Vertes, rouge-bordeaux 
Et même dorées.

~


*English Version
I know a tree
It's bare
For in the autumn
The leaves fell down.

They were turning yellow,
Brown and orange
Green, burgundy red
And even golden.


Crafting:
We had some busy hands making our fall tree last week. This activity was very important, as it called for cooperation and artistry. Each child was given one colour (rouge, orange, jaune ou violet which was supposed to be burgundy red :)), and they had to work together to make this lovely tree full of brightly coloured leaves.
They did a great job didn't they?
Reading
We read this wonderful book about the life of a grand old tree, that grew big and tall.  The tree weathered many seasons, and was a source of life, and shelter for various animals, and insects.
With the changing of the seasons, the tree's seeds flew near and far, growing into other grand trees.
This book is quite wordy, so the best time to read would be at snack or break it up into 2 parts. 



This week we will continue to speak about temperate climates and all the changes that happen year round- especially in autumn. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Marie Kléber at: October 23, 2019 at 1:53 AM said...

Inspiring...
Even more with French and English words.

Small Wonders at: November 5, 2019 at 2:54 PM said...

@Marie

I am striving to add even more french :)

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft