I really love spending my days with a mixed aged range of children. The results of our activities and explorations are always so much more interesting.
Last week all of our friends were in great health. This means that we got to continue all our explorations.
What they did:
I notice that the children are all very interested in seeing their reflections in various mirrors around the house. I set out this simple exploration with that in mind, but I had zero plans or idea what they would do with the materials.
Items included acrylic leaves
in warm autumn colors (we have been using them for circle time, and arts ad crafts). I also added some acorns
from Amazon. I used our harvest scatter which is also a fun item to add to our sensory bin
, and surprisingly, we have had these for 3 years. I also added a set of our fairy lights, which we also use for various activities and explorations throughout the year.
I love the way the mirror reflects the natural, as well as the fairy lights. The youngest child loved seeing her reflection as well.
I didn't hover as the children got together and explored. I also didn't want to become a member of the paparazzi and snap away as they focused on the task at hand.
I love what they came up with!
Last week all of our friends were in great health. This means that we got to continue all our explorations.
I notice that the children are all very interested in seeing their reflections in various mirrors around the house. I set out this simple exploration with that in mind, but I had zero plans or idea what they would do with the materials.
Items included acrylic leaves
I love the way the mirror reflects the natural, as well as the fairy lights. The youngest child loved seeing her reflection as well.
I didn't hover as the children got together and explored. I also didn't want to become a member of the paparazzi and snap away as they focused on the task at hand.
I love what they came up with!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft