"Overcoming our fears and the tendency to keep children entertained
are the first steps towards encouraging active, independent play outdoors.
This type of play is further enhanced when children given plenty of time
for free play on a daily basis and are offered inspiring outdoor environments to explore".
~Balanced and Barefoot, Angela J. Hanscom, p. 215
~Balanced and Barefoot, Angela J. Hanscom, p. 215
We first began documenting our nature walks and outdoor discoveries in the fall of 2014, the children and parents especially loved this post.
We are back at it this year. As we've relocated to a new area, we have found our own paths, and trails...our own woods.
Stay tuned for more discovery, fun, and even art inspired by our explorations.
Stay tuned for more discovery, fun, and even art inspired by our explorations.



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft