Content

Search this blog!

J'entends le souffle du Vent: Wind Leaf Wands

24.10.19
I hear the wind blowing...
I see the leaves swept up into the air.
oh my...🍁 πŸƒ πŸ‚ 
Fall is definitely here!

This is a short rhyme that I've been using in circle this week to get the children talking about fall, in our autumn series. This week was a perfect week to make wind wands...any Calgary readers here? You know what I'm talking about.
We are enjoying our days exploring the ups (sweater weather), and downs (snow) of autumn in Calgary.
Here is a poem/song that is all about the autumn winds. The children had a lovely time dancing and swaying, whispering and blustering all about...


The little winds they whisper, they whisper as they pass
They tell their tiny secrets to the flowers and the grass

The big winds go a buffeting and blustering about

The little winds they whisper but the big winds shout!

WIND LEAF WANDS πŸ


    SUPPLIES & TOOLS:

  • Assorted acrylic leaves of various sizes
  • Assorted sizes & coloured of ribbons
  • Scissors
  • Straw
  • Hot glue gun & sticks (only to be handled by an adult)


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Pump a pea size of hot glue down into hole at either end of straw.
  2. Push leaf stem into the hole of the straw and hold it for a few seconds.
  3. Attach various length ribbons at back of leaf
  4. Run scissors over ribbons to curl.
  5. Enjoy!

*You will probably notice that N is using my wand. That's because she slept through the craft, and we didn't get to make her one ;).

2 comments:

Marie KlΓ©ber at: October 25, 2019 at 2:59 AM said...

I love this idea!
Great autumn treat.

Small Wonders at: November 5, 2019 at 2:53 PM said...

@Marie.

Thanks! We have the perfect weather for it right now ;)

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft