Content

Search this blog!

Promenade Dans Les Bois: Pencil Shaving Art

25.10.19
Keeping up with our discovery of the woods, and beyond, we continue to explore the beauty of the season. Last week, we "branched" out in our art session. Interestingly, this was not the intention at the beginning of the day (or our session for that matter).

I began by sharpening the pencil crayons that the children needed (we only use a few colours, or everything gets chaotic). 
As I was setting up our activity, I noticed a beautiful array of colours from the shavings. I wondered what we could do with it :), so I collected all the shavings and decided to make coloured pencil shaving art with the kids.

Materials:
– we used our sketch books (the page can be ripped out and framed) 
– pencil shavings 
– glue/glue stick
– pencil

Method
-– draw outline of picture you want to fill in
-– spread glue on paper or canvas
-– gather up pencil shavings
-– spread pencil shavings on glued paper
-– brush off excess shavings
-- I like to put a piece of paper of top of the art and close the book. This keeps the pieces in tact.

This is a great and easy way to recycle pencil crayon shavings. 
Happy crafting.



2 comments:

Marie Kléber at: October 25, 2019 at 2:10 PM said...

Great idea!
It's funny cause I took a "pencil crayon shavings" photo as an illustration for my new book and everybody just love it.

Small Wonders at: November 5, 2019 at 2:53 PM said...

@Marie.

I saw your book and I love the cover. Can't wait to read.

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft