Content

Search this blog!

Pomme de Reinette et Pomme D'api, a Birthday & Applesauce Part 2

7.10.19
Apple and pumpkin season is upon us. We are so excited. For this post we will be sharing one of our favorite apple treats...applesauce.
Part 1 of our apple celebration can be found here. 
You will notice from the photo that the applesauce is not blended...we just mash it w/ a potato masher.

Remember when I spoke about birthday celebrations in this post? 
We have been reading this silly story, and were pleased to find none other than applesauce recipe at the back...along with another activity. We also completed an activity, and made yummy applesauce for our friend Z's birthday celebration.

We made our yummy treat from a combination of apples that we had on hand... all we did was peel, chop and simmer them with enough water to come to just below the top of the apples in the pot. 
After about 25 minutes to half an hour, our treat was ready to eat. Note: we only made a small batch this time.  Just check to make sure that most of the liquid is gone and the apples are falling apart.  I added a cinnamon stick as the apples were stewing in the pot...yum!
Apple Varieties:
We love apples and use/eat them almost in one form or another. 
Wondering  which apples to use for what? I found this great chart that explains which apples are best for various recipes.
Do you have a favorite apple treat? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft