Armistice Day, also known as Remembrance Day in Canada is just a few days away. November 11th is the day to honor the heroes who fought for our freedom.
Remembrance Day is a time to reflect and to give thanks. But how do we teach the youngest children and remind them what the very important messages of REMEMBERING means?
At Small Wonders, we always use our head, heart and hands. In the upcoming posts, you will explore with the children as they use various mediums (literature, music, and art) to learn all about this important part of our history.
About the Poppy
The children and I have been speaking about gratitude, acceptance, mindfulness, and love.
We also spoke about the significance of the poppy. The children worked on these poppies with enthusiasm. I was very pleased.
Here is some English information (about poppies) that we found:
Please ALWAYS watch videos first before sharing with children…
Cupcake liner Poppy Craft
Materials & Method
--red muffin liners
(if you can't find, use white and paint them red)
--scissors
--paintbrushes
--black paint
--glue
-- green pipe cleaner
---tape
Method
To ensure you have one large and one small liner per poppy, make some of the liners smaller by cutting the top edge off with scissors.
Place the smaller muffin liner inside the larger and crinkle into shape.
Paint a circle in the center...let poppy dry
...and a wonderful story as well
See our other poppy crafts from previous years here and here.
Stay tuned for part 2 (the french version of our learning).



0 comments:
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft