I'm not going to start off by giving a long-winded introduction about baking and how wonderful it is to be able to do these things with my children. I am going to say that baking is NOT for everyone, as in, not everyone likes it. In fact, I used to find peace in the kitchen until my 2 year old joined me, ha ha. Now we have no idea which ingredient we've missed, or what our yummy treat will really taste like (you would have to meet her to understand).
But, if you still want to spend a bit of time creating with your littles in the kitchen, then this post is for you. I have chosen 5 easy recipes that are fun to make and also kinda nutritious. Your family will love these!
1. Homemade Italian Hot Chocolate
But, if you still want to spend a bit of time creating with your littles in the kitchen, then this post is for you. I have chosen 5 easy recipes that are fun to make and also kinda nutritious. Your family will love these!
1. Homemade Italian Hot Chocolate
Get these Ingredients
1.5 cups of 3% milk (less fat milk is also fine or I personally use soy milk)
3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons cornstarch
3oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
You can also grate some chocolate for topping ** very very optional or add Dandies marshmallows**.
1.5 cups of 3% milk (less fat milk is also fine or I personally use soy milk)
3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons cornstarch
3oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
You can also grate some chocolate for topping ** very very optional or add Dandies marshmallows**.
Make it!
Take a small amount of the milk in a separate bowl and whisk in the cornstarch until there are no lumps and set aside.
Over low heat, mix the remainder of your milk until just bubbling.
Add the sugar and stir slowly and continually.
Add the milk and cornstarch mixture and the chocolate and continue stirring or whisking until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Take a small amount of the milk in a separate bowl and whisk in the cornstarch until there are no lumps and set aside.
Over low heat, mix the remainder of your milk until just bubbling.
Add the sugar and stir slowly and continually.
Add the milk and cornstarch mixture and the chocolate and continue stirring or whisking until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Coconut Chocolate Date Balls
Get these Ingredients
1 cup raw almonds
Approximately 15 Medjool dates, pitted (1.5 cups)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Make it!
First, place almonds into a food processor and process on high until you’ve created a fine almond meal.*
Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process on high until everything is combined.**
Next, scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough into your hands and roll into a ball.
Roll the ball in optional shredded coconut and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until dough is gone.
(You may need to add a few teaspoons of water to the mixture depending on how sticky your dates are.)
Place baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then transfer balls to a freezer safe bag and store in the freezer.
| she made her own (these are not chocolate ones) |
5. Fruit Kebabs
| Made by Andrea aka Max’s mom for our art event |
Get these Ingredients
A variety of FRESH fruits
Kebab skewers
Make it!
Tread the fruits, alternating them onto the skewers.
I hope you enjoy these recipes! They are some of my family's favorites.
Happy baking, and creating in the kitchen.





1 comments:
Nice ideas!
I am always ok for a good treat!
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft