Content

Search this blog!

Weekly Collaborations #1 & 2

12.9.19
Introducing the Weekly Collaboration Series. This is a simple project, but oh so fun, and I cannot wait to see where it leads.

How did it begin?
Our curriculum is not a one size fits all. After all , aside from being perfect individuals, the children range in age. They also have unique knowledge and abilities. Since we have a small group, it works wonderfully.
Many activities and invitations to play are set up in a way that the children share the space in learning, however, they are encouraged to explore at their own pace, and in their own time.
As we begin a new year of discovery, I thought it would be wonderful if the children to tackle one creative task together.  I've been thinking about it since the summer when they collaborated on their first mandala together as a group (see here)...

I came to the conclusion that an open-ended simple activity would be a perfect and non-stressful way to allow the children to work together, in a collaborative manner, at least once a week. 

Last week, I laid out various painting materials and invited them to create a masterpiece together.
I began by letting each child choose 2 paint colours. I put a couple of feathers, a popsicle stick, and a sponge, and I left them to their devices - without instructions.
This is what they did (Week 1)...

Week 2

We created apple trees.

They used
toilet paper rolls
green
red paint (thumb prints were fun)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft