In the near future, I hope to give the page a makeover. But for now, we will just keep making yummy recipes.
Based on the ingredients that I had, we found this vegan sopas recipe. It inspired me to create a vegan version...sort of lol. I want to add that I have titled this as Vegan, however, with the addition of eggs, it is NOT VEGAN. Yep, I got that. Now let me explain.
My 2 year old is allergic to eggs so I would never put eggs in her food. I actually make any meal with eggs - eggless. However, for this recipe I added the eggs, because it was simple to do so after the soup was cooked, and most importantly, our other friends wanted it.
It's always hard to say how many my meals serve, because little mouths consume a little at a time. To be safe, I would follow the original author's suggestions.
Vegan Filipino Sopas
What you need:
- Approximately 6 quarts of water
- 1/2 pack of elbow noodles
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed, and minced
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups almond milk
- 3 cups pasta water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3 vegan hotdogs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt (to add to pasta) + salt to taste
- **3 eggs - boiled - no eggs if you want it "vegan" **
What you need to do:
- In a large pot of water add salt, boil the pasta noodles. Mix occasionally. Once the pasta is tender, drain the liquid but set aside about 3 cups of pasta water in a separate container.
- You can use the same pot but drain all the liquid. Turn on the heat and once the pot is dry, pour the oil.
- Add garlic and cook until light brown.
- Follow with the onions and cook until tender.
- Pour pasta water, almond milk, and vegetable broth.
- Mix and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Mix in the carrots.
- When carrots are nearly softened, add hotdogs
- IF ADDING EGGS...Peel eggs and cut as desired - add to soup
- Enjoy!




2 comments:
This soup looks so yummy! Can’t wait to try it with my little ones.
@SKS Thanks it was perfect for the cold weather.
Post a Comment
“A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.”
~ Forest Witcraft